Monday, March 18, 2013

My, My How Time Flies!!!

It is amazing how fast time flies, especially when you are so busy you can't seem to keep up.  Since I last posted, our lives have been turned upside down.  So, I guess I will start at the beginning...

In August of 2012, I began teaching.  I knew it was a rewarding career, but who knew it was so tough when you have three subjects and over 100 students.  I was quickly overwhelmed with the planning, grading and general creation of lessons.  I finally go the swing of it, and the next curve ball was thrown.  Scott was laid off from his job, and then the circus really began.

By November, Scott had accepted a job in Oklahoma and we packed the family up and moved.  Yes, you guessed it, right between the Christmas break for school.  I finished up my semester in Mississippi, and soon accepted a teaching job in Oklahoma.  I am teaching high school Ecology, Physical Science and Biology at Muskogee High School.  I love it, and really enjoy enlightening our next generation about science, even if they are only partially interested.

A test one of my student's turned in.  At least he was creative, and I got to laugh!  


So now, it is spring break and I have a million and one things on my to-do-list.  Like the major one, organize and unpack our garage.  It is amazing how much stuff you find out you have when you move!  I never know we would still have boxes packed in the garage that have yet to be opened.  My guess is we really don't need all that stuff!  I know that there are lots of pictures and keepsakes in the boxes, and I guess I need to purge and reorganize. The house we are renting is different from our last, in the fact it is 70 years newer, and all our furniture won't fit!  So, that is some of the stuff, and boxes, and boxes and boxes!

This past week, our little Man turned four! I can't imagine where the time has gone.  He should still be a little tiny baby!!! He is all boy, and enjoys anything that has wheels, tracks or dirt!

Our sweet Pickles is growing up right before our eyes!  She is turning into quite the young lady, and we are so proud of her!  She has hit a bit of a rough patch adjusting to all things Oklahoma, but has gracefully made the transition begrudgingly. She really wants to go back to Mississippi anytime!

One of the greatest anomalies for us is the amount of Amish that live in our community.  We seem to be fascinated by them, and their lifestyle.  Pickles wishes that she could be Amish for a few days and see what it is like to live a simpler life.  The odd thing is they all drive tractors!  I am still amazed at the amount of tractors you see driving down the road.  I guess in time, we too will get used to this.  There is an Amish bakery in the next town, and I must say they bake the best sourdough bread ever! I refuse to stop because I know I will be the one eating it!
Walking out of Wal-Mart, this tractor was parked in the space next to me. Not sure I could lug all my groceries home in the little box on the 3-point hitch!
While I am glad to be back closer to family and old friends, I really miss Mississippi. I miss our friends, our farm, our church and even our old house!  Como was home for so long, and I am still in disbelief that we have moved away.  I know that no matter where we roam, I will always have a piece of Mississippi in my heart. It is amazing how I use my Mississippi pottery now, more that ever and that it somehow makes things all better!

Until next time, that is a brief update, and I promise I will try and do better.  I have some great new recipes I can't wait to share!  Keep adventuring, and looking for the joy in life's simplest moments!

Love you all!

Sarah

1 comment: