Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Singing in the Rain

After dinner this evening, we were greeted with a pleasant visitor.  Rain.  You know, the little drops that fall from the sky.  It has been a while, and when the pavement is scorching, it is so nice of you to stop by!

The girls were out on the front porch enjoying their ice cream with the cooler temperature, when they asked if they could play in the rain. I said no, and came back in the house to finish cleaning up the kitchen.  Scott had other ideas and said that they need to be kids, so go have fun. The next thing I see is a wet streak of a girl run past the kitchen window.  They had a blast, and I am so glad Scott didn't rob them of a fun evening like I tried to do!

 Makenzie taking a break from the rain...Pickles...singing and dancing with the raindrops.


Pickles loves to play in the rain!


Soaked from head to toe...


Ready for another round of wet fun!

Makenzie loved playing in the rain as much as Pickles.  I think it has been a while since they have experienced the phenomenon of rain!

Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the small details of life!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Makenzie I miss you and will be happy for you to come home. I feel sad for Chloe. It's always sad to tell cousins good-bye in the summer. I still remember those awesome summers with my Iowa cousins riding horses and swimming in the river. Bless my Mother(in Heaven) for patiently putting up with us. Blessings to you sister Sarah! luv,margie

    ReplyDelete