Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Little Boys...What a Joy!

I am sure one day I will look back and exclaim what joy I have received from my little boy.  I know I will, and maybe even chuckle.  Today, is one of those days which challenges me to no end!  See anything wrong with this picture?


Not sure if you can tell, but that is Little Man's dry diaper in his chair.  His pajama pants and sippy cup are on the floor next to his tractor. 

So what does this have to do with anything?  Let me set this up for you a little farther.  I am on the phone, and he says, "Mommy, I pee pee!"  He was so proud of himself, and yes, you guessed it, right through the baby gate, on the floor!  We have only recently started trying to talk about the potty, but I guess it is time to start training.

Yesterday, he pulled another exhibitionist stunt, and he had opened the trunk we use for a coffee table.  He was standing naked inside the trunk, and had just relieved himself on the contents.  He was so proud that he went "pee pee!"  I have been trying to get him to try and use the potty, but we have yet to have our first success.  Thankfully, it just had blankets in there that could be washed.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  I cleaned up the mess, and by the time I told my sister about it last night, I could laugh.  I must say that even as challenging as little boys are, they are definitely worth all the messes!

I can't imagine my life without such a fun loving and mischievous little man. 

After he was all cleaned up, this is what I found!


What a blessing from above!  Even in all his mischievousness, I love this Little Man with all that is in me!

Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the messes of life!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I do too----he is so precious. First steps to real potty training. He realizes that he can pee-pee.

    ReplyDelete