Saturday, December 3, 2011

Spiced Mocha...Perfect for a cold night!

This has been a wonderful Saturday!  This morning, I took my two little ones, on sick and one obsessed with picking up pecans to help Scott haul hay.  We successfully moved all the hay we needed to in about an hour and a half.  It was a miracle that The Little Man never once climbed out of his car seat!  He was content just riding along watching the tractor.  Guess he is sicker than I thought!

Pickles on the other hand, with bucket in tow, couldn't be bothered opening gates, as it infringed on her time picking up pecans.  I am so thankful I have a helper now.  She decided she loves to eat them, and better pick them up before the squirrels and chickens eat them all.

Today was a beautiful December day here in Mississippi.  This was the perfect day to do any outside activities.  I should have gotten my outside Christmas decorations put up, but they will be there another day. We enjoyed playing on the farm and "checking out" our new baby...
The new baby and it's Mommy...Not sure if it is a boy or a girl...maybe we'll find out in a little while.
The best gate girl ever! She loves doing ballet and closing gates... Love this little angel!!!


As I continue giving ideas from the kitchen, today I share Spiced Mocha Mix. This easy to make mix is so delicious. I typically don't like instant coffee or mixes, but this one is super special. I used a good quality instant coffee.  There are some cheaper, but not for this coffee snob.

Ready to give... Little jars of love! Add a card or label with the mixing instructions.

Place coffee, creamer, sugar, cocoa and cinnamon in a bowl.

Mix well...


Portion into little jars...these are left over baby food jars.

To enjoy, mix 3 tablespoons with 6 ounces of boiling water... Delicious!

Spiced Mocha Mix

1/2 cup instant coffee
1 1/2 cup powdered creamer
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all ingredients well.  Place in an air tight container.  To use, mix 3 tablespoons with 6 ounces of boiling water. Use within 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment