Monday, December 5, 2011

A Quick Dip

After college, I met this older lady in Texas that made the best dip in the world.  I worked with her daughter and she made if for the office one day.  I was in awe.  I didn't know anyone could beat the little packet of Hidden Valley Ranch powder that you mix with sour cream!  Boy, oh boy was I in shock.  I asked my co-worker if she would please get me the recipe.  I am pleased to say that she did, and it is still in my recipe box.

Over the years this dip has evolved a little, but is still pretty much the same.  I am sure that many out there make this dip, or have had it, and only looked for the recipe.  The title is really simple...Dill Dip.  You guessed it, it contains dried dill! My children love this dip, and will eat carrots, celery, broccoli or any other veggie dipped in it.  It is even good on baked potatoes in place of sour cream.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.

Here are the spices you will need...The only one that is special is the Beau Monde and it is made only by Spice  Islands. The others are Dill Weed, Parsley Flakes, Minced Onions and Garlic Salt.

In small jars, layer the spices starting with the onions.

Finish with the dill, and place the cap on and decorate.

To mix you will need 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup of mayonnaise.  

Add the dip mix...

And stir... That is all there is to it!

Serve with your favorite veggies...Pickles chose carrots for her snack.

Dill Dip Mix

1 tablespoon dried onions
1 teaspoon Beau Monde Seasoning
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Layer ingredients in a small jar.  To make Dill Dip, mix with 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup sour cream. Stir well and allow to refrigerate for about an hour before serving.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I commented on this post and also on a couple more recently and I don't see my comments now. Very weird but I'm trying again! Just want you to know that I tried this dill dip when I went to a party this weekend and everyone LOVED it! Thank you so much for sharing so many good recipes and stories. I love hearing about your life. It sure does make me wish we lived closer to each other though! Thank goodness we have our blogs and Facebook to keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete