Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vacation Bible School...Even for the Young at Heart

This week is Vacation Bible School at our church. Every year, it seems like such a daunting task, and then in the end, it is so much fun and everyone has such a great time you are ready to do it again!  This year is no exception. 

We started off our week in crafts painting birdhouses, and I must say , I think the adult group had as much pleasure with their works of art as the children.  Last night, we played with modeling clay, and channeled our inner sculptor to make either beads for a necklace, or a figurine that reminded you of our journey. Once again, the adults had a great time with the experience.

The fun of VBS is that everyone has the same mission, coupled with high energy music, and a fun environment to learn about the Bible.  What more could you want.  Today, Pickles said she wants to do nothing except go to VBS!  I guess we know she is having a great time! 

I share this with you just in case you might be asked to help with the VBS committee at your church. Better yet, don't wait to be asked, volunteer and offer your support.  Whether you are 3 or 93, I am sure you will enjoy the experience again and again. It does seem like a huge commitment, but the children are grateful for your gift.  We have a great group of volunteers this year, and I am encouraged that even a small church with a tiny children's group we have made VBS a fun, learning experience with memories for a lifetime!

I have to confess, I even jumped rope and jumped in without falling on my face!  I was proud, but Pickles was in shock her Mommy could do that!  I don't think I have tried to jump rope since elementary school!

Lucy...concentrating on her masterpiece!

Everyone had fun painting!

Outside for fun and games...

Mary and Eunice...great actresses!!!

Our pastor...who is now referred to as Brother T!

Celebrating God's love!


Pickles sharing her groups God sightings...

Jumping rope is so much fun!
Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the small details of life!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment