Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Delay in Posting means Life is Crazy!

As you might have guess it, I have been too busy, and way to tired to even try and compose a thought.  I think if I have tried it might look something like the paragraphs my seven year old tries to write.  The ones with incomplete sentences, typos, and numerous missing thoughts.  Not that my writing is all that great, but usually I have a point.

After all the storms on Tuesday, I really needed a nap!  I love sleep, and it seems to have dissed me lately. I am not sure what I did to cause the strain in our relationship, but obviously something has happened.  A week with no sleep, and this Mommy is a grouch!  The Little Man woke up very unhappy Wednesday morning.  Like at 4:30 in the morning, and inconsolable.  He finally fell asleep around 7:00, and I convinced Scott to wait to leave for work until I took Pickles to school.  Around 8:30, the Little Man is awake, and burning up!  Not the type of hot that is from being under the covers, the type that tells you we have a fever.  I got the thermometer, and my instinct was correct.  101.5.  Lovely!  Just what I need, a sick Little Man.


The Little Man trying to take his temperature...Praise the Lord for new technology!

I called the pediatricians office, and thought that it might be due to a tick bite he had oh, about 10 days ago.  I am scared of tick bites because in Livestock Entomology class we learned about all the diseases that are carried, and I knew my Little Man had to have Lyme disease.  It was a deer tick I plucked out of his head after all.  Thank goodness I can can still identify my ticks all these years later.  Anyway, the sweet nurse informed me that there is very little Lyme disease here, and that I should bring him in.  I try and make the appointment for 11:00, but she insists that we come in now. 

I catch a glimpse of the weather before we leave, and it looks like there are now more storms headed our way.  I am thankful she insisted that we get this out of the way.  What I didn't realise is that these storms are now turning out to be a repeat of the previous nights storms.  There are tornados developing everywhere, and I am taking my sick Little Man to the doctor.

We make it to the doctor, and the Little Man has strep.  Not Lyme disease, but strep. No one in our house has has strep, so not too sure where it came from, but at least we know and are on antibiotics.  On our way home from the doctor, a beep, beep, beep comes on. "This is a message from the National Weather Service," never a good thing.  I continue driving as  I am trying to listen to this important message, but the rain is coming down so hard I could hardly hear, or concentrate on driving.  Basically the jist of the warning, is I am driving into the path of the storm.  I know that the median is too wet for me to even attempt to turn around, and if I make it to the next exit, I will be past the storm, so I prayed, and prayed some more, and kept on driving.  We made it home safely, and I was very thankful to be home!  Now, if I can only get the sleeping Little Man into the house and in his bed, maybe he will stay asleep! 

He slept for a little while, and I took a moment to myself.  Once he woke up, his fever continued to climb.  For the next 24 hours, we alternated between Motrin and Tylenol every two hours just to make him comfortable.  So, my lack of writing is partly because I had a toddler permanently attached to me for a few days.

Even more conveniently, Scott had a business trip to Chicago. He rarely goes out of town for business, but when a child is sick, it is inevitable.  Pickles and I were really glad he was gone, because we wanted to watch all of the coverage of the Royal Wedding!  We had a great night while he was out of town, with the exception of a sick little brother who ruins everything in Pickles eyes!

We watched the Royal Wedding at 4:00 a.m. on Friday, and I was overjoyed to see such a wonderful ceremony.  It is like they are truly in love, and have their own agenda.  I think Kate is one of the most elegant ladies I have every publicly watched, and to be just a commoner, she must have been to some fabulous charm schools!  What a class act, and a naturally beautiful woman.  I am also impressed with her selection of dresses.  She wore her dress exquisitly, and the dress didn't wear her!  Everything about the day was magical to watch, I can only imagine how it was for her!

After watching the wedding, I am determined to wear hats more often.  Some of the hats were over the top, but most were just beautiful! I love hats, and definitely love those with huge bows and feathers.  I am sure people will think I am certifiable, but who cares.  I have a ton of hats I never wear, so I am going to break them out!  I am going to try my hand at tying some huge bows and adding vintage pins and animal feathers. Who knows, I might start a fashion trend here in Mississippi!

In celebration of the royal wedding, we had a little history lesson in Pickles' class, complete with wedding cake cupcakes, cookies and punch.  I loved it that some of the little girls knew that we were enjoying "tea and crumpets!" They were quite the delight, and I am so glad I was able to share this with them.  Most had watched part of the wedding before school, and all the little girls had too dreamed of being a princess too!


Our wedding cupcakes



The students...ready for a snack.

Hopefully this catches you up to date on our crazy life!  I am so thanful to share it with you.  I am working on a load of new recipes for you, and can't wait to share.  I have been asked to work on some for a friend, so I think you should be included.

Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the small details of life!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment