Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Little Pirate's Birthday

Today, we celebrated Little Man's fourth birthday with an all out, old school pirate birthday party.  I must say, Pickles and I had so much fun thinking of games, and trying to find indoor things to do.  Here is a glimpse of our party...

My Dad enjoying the party...

Our last minute treasure chest.  I filled it with candy and pirate patches, and well, it served it's purpose.

The birthday boy!  In the background was a game I saw on Pinterest and made my own. Let's just say he loved the pirate ship!

The cake.  This was really easy, and his face lit up when he realized what it was. The work was definitely worth it!

The best game ever! Balloon Ping Pong.  All you need is two paper plates, two wooden sticks and a balloon. This entertained them all day!!!

And more ping pong....

And some more. 
He loves fire!  

He got them all in the first breath!

He loved his cake!  We are still wound up! 
Aren't we cute pirates!  Eye patches for all!

And another... Pickles needed in the picture.

And a tired little boy.  I couldn't find him, and he was sound asleep on my closet floor.  
We all enjoyed celebrating the Little Man's birthday and pretending to be a pirate for a little while.  I must say it is a bit lonely in a new town where you don't know anyone.  I never dreamed we would have a party with just my Dad and our little family.  Hopefully next year, he will have school friends that will want to celebrate too. Even though it was just us, we made the most of it and made some fun memories.  Balloon ping pong just might be the next best party game ever!

Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the small details of life!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment