Monday, June 13, 2011

Oklahoma and my Prairie Princess

What a fun weekend we had around here!  Pickles enjoyed every minute of being a prairie princess.  She hates when I call her this, but I don't really have another name that fits.  You see, Oklahoma the musical opened this weekend at the Panola Playhouse and for three days we have lived in costume.  Hair, makeup and the entire nine yards.  Nothing like rollers and a little makeup to make a little girl feel special.  If only we had a much more elaborate costume, you would think we were trying to be an extra on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding!

Pickles loves the theater so much that this hours long beauty routine is pure joy.  She sits quietly while I roll her hair, and then wants to ask a million questions when I am trying to apply her makeup!  It is par for the course, but makes my novice self really have to work hard to make sure her makeup is not all over her face!

Here are a few pictures from the show this weekend.  If you live in the area, make sure you see it!  It is one of the best shows from top to bottom, and will keep you entertained!













I see many more shows in our future, and I am sure you can see the energy and excitement on her face!  I am thankful she had found something she loves, and as a Mommy, I love to watch her in action. 

Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the small details of life!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment