Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Long Absence

Oh, how I have missed you my friends!  I have tried to blog a few times, and simply either was too tired to write, or had something major distracting my thoughts.  I guess this absence has made me realize how much I love to keep up with our daily life.  It is this life that keeps me distracted.

I know I have shared with you that our Little Man has been sick.  You see, he takes after his Mommy, and has had tonsillitis since October.  You read that right, he has been on round after round of antibiotics, and nothing has cleared him up.  The poor little guy will act like he is fine one minute, and then laying around the next.  We will finish a round of antibiotics, and then within a day, we are back to worse than before.  Our doctor tried to lower the dose, but it gets progressively worse.

The good news is, Thursday they are coming out!  We have waited too long for this, and he needs to feel better!!!  I am nervous about anesthesia, but I know he will be in the most capable hands, and we will be back to his old self soon!

The other distractions are long overdue.  You see, we put our home on the market, and have been finishing all the projects that have been on the list for a while.  It looks great, and has been a long two weeks.  We had contractors here all last week, but the mess was worth the effort.  I am not sure how, but they make painting look easy!  I have to paint a little trim in the bathrooms, and we will be finished!

The newest addition to our family has adapted quite well!  Sweet Sugar Lily has developed an affinity to socks.  She only wants to play with the ones that are on your feet!  Regardless of the bite marks we all have, we love her so much, and can't remember our lives without her.  She is the best little dog, and even tolerates Pickles toting her around under her arm.

I wish my camera would have been handy last night, Sugar Lily got the Little Man's nuggy (blanket) and was dragging it through the house.  He was on the other end trying to get it from her.  Let's just say the Little Man won!  He has now hidden Nug and won't let anyone touch it!

Well, hopefully that gets you up to speed a little on our Binford life.  I will try and blog more often and share some new recipes that will be reflective of my New Year Eating Plan!

Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the small details of life!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment