Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Weightloss Journey...Back on Track


On this adventure I call life, I have never been skinny.  I don't think it was in my genes.  Of course during short periods of my life, I have been thinner than others, and at other times, heavier than others.  I have vowed time and again that I will lose these pesky pounds that keep leaching to my hips. And just as I achieve success, I am derailed by some temptation.  Living in Mississippi, we are constantly hearing about how unhealthy our lifestyles are.  One organization names Mississippi the most unhealthy state in the U.S.  Not a statistic to be proud of, but rather one to address.  I personally don't care about being super skinny, but would like to wear clothes well and be healthy!


Pickles and I at a concert about a month ago.  Love what the humidity does to my hair...ugh!



The Little Man and I during VBS.
\

A few nights ago, I recorded The Biggest Loser.  If you have lived under a rock and have never heard of the show, it is where they place morbidly obese individuals on a ranch and force them to exercise and eat well.  As I lay in bed watching the new episode unfold, I was overcome with a renewed sense of "I can do that too!"

Watching the Biggest Loser, I must say I am pulling for Becky.  She lost her father on the first episode and had to return home.  When it came time for the first weigh in, she lost more than any of the other females in her group.  Losing a parent is a very tough reality of life. I cried with her, and know that she will go far!

I have paid for Weight Watchers for the last six months, but can't say I have tracked my food or stayed on plan more than a week. I have tried everything, and it is time for me to admit that I just have to eat less and exercise more. I know.  This is hard.  This is really hard. I am here with everyone who is also trying to achieve this same goal.  During this six month period, I have lost about five pounds, but need it to be twenty five!

Tuesday I started back with a commitment to exercise.  OK, it started the week before, but I only managed to squeeze in two days.  So, Tuesday I started week 2 of C25K.  It is an interval program that takes you from a couch potato to running a 5K in about 8 or 9 weeks.  Since I had a crazy Tuesday, it was in the evening before I got outside. So that mean the Little Man in the jog stroller and Pickles riding along on her bike.  We all survived and it is tough to try and run uphill pushing a stroller!

Yesterday, I skipped the recommended rest day and completed day 2 sans children.  I went about half a mile farther than the day before, but boy was I sore.  I think it is because I am holding my iPod and need to get a case so I can attach it to me.  I only hurt in my shoulders...

Today, I am resting, but know that tomorrow, I will have the Little Man in the stroller with me again! So, if you see me around town, please don't laugh, but join me.  I promise, if I can do this, anyone can!

I am curious if anyone else is rededicated to building a healthier lifestyle.  If you want to join me, we can encourage each other and celebrate victories.  Sometimes and encouraging word is all it takes to get back on track.

I will try and make some healthier meal options and share those recipes with you.  It is fun to try and make a healthier version with all the flavor and that has less fat and calories.  Let me know what you are looking for, and maybe I will try something new as well.

Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the small details of life!

Sarah




1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Sarah, Katie and I decided last night to do our "need to lose" one pound at a time by eating less and moving more. We will keep a log of our food consumption, weight loss, and exercise. We think it could take a year, so we are looking forward to making it a new lifestyle. Oklahoma is known for unhealthy citizens.

    ReplyDelete