Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quick Lunch Idea...Straight from the Freezer

You know me...I love fresh, homemade and all from scratch.  However much I love this, sometimes life gets in the way.  It is inevetable, no matter how hard I try, that I get into a bind around lunch time, wait until I am starving, and then am ready for lunch NOW!  I despise frozen meals.  No matter how hard I try, they all taste same, and have a slightly rubbery texture.  I guess living on them while I was working, runied me forever. 

A few weeks ago, I purchased a few frozen meals that were on sale and I had great coupons for.  I put them in the freezer for those emergency situations when I was desperate for anything.  Much to my surprise, this frozen meal was delicious.  I guess feedback from consumers like me finally got to those who care! 

I will say that this meal straight out of the microwave was wonderful.  The vegetables were equally delicious as well. I was skeptacle of broccoli and bell peppers, but the flavor was mild, and the seasoning simple, but tasty. The chicken pieces were not breaded, so they did not get soggy in the sauce.  It was flavorful, and a decent amount of food for 320 calories. So, if you are in a pinch for lunch, this was a tasty option was was not the normal "frozen meal."

No comments:

Post a Comment