Friday, April 15, 2011

Polish Soup... perfect for a rainy day

Every once in a while, I crave soup. Not sure why, but I know it is inherited from my Mother. She would order soup even if the temperature was over 100 degrees outside! Today, the early morning rain, and the slightly cooler temperatures had me craving soup.  I have a few ingredients in the refrigerator I needed to use, and this is what I came up with.



This soup is really easy, and requires little more than being able to chop a few ingredients, adding everything to the pot and allowing to simmer.  It doesn't even require simmering for days on end.  Only until the potatoes are tender.  I hope you enjoy as much as I did for lunch today.

1 package Polish Kielbasa, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
1 onion, coarsely chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
5 red potatoes, washed well with the skins still on and chopped
6 cups chicken broth, or bullion and water to make 6 cups
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, add Kielbasa, onion, celery, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, and simmer until potatoes are tender.  Add soup and cabbage, and simmer for a few minutes more until cabbage is tender, about 5 minute.  Add salt and pepper to taste. 

See, it's that easy, and you have a delicious, warm soup!

Until next time, keep adventuring and looking for joy in the small details of life!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment